In 2020 soft plastic won’t be allowed anymore at festivals. So we decided to beat it to the punch. Environmental awareness is increasingly spreading throughout the world and together, we need to turn our planet into a fantastic, sustainable green world to live in. This year, we are taking a major step in making Milkshake as sustainable as possible. We have invested in hard plastic drinking cups to keep Milkshake waste free. Here’s how it works:
- When you purchase your first drink at the bar, you will pay a one-time fee of € 1 for your beverage container (cup/bottle).
- Keep your cup/bottle close! If you lose it, you will have to pay this € 1 price per beverage container (cup/bottle) again.
- When you’re ready for your next drink, just hand in your cup(s) and/or bottle(s) at the bar. This way you will not have to pay the fee again.
- If you are not ready for your next drink you can hand in your cup or bottle at the bar or at one of the recycle points to receive a token. You can use this token for your next drink.
- IMPORTANT: In addition to the hard cups, all other beverage containers such as Coca Cola and water bottles are subject to this € 1 fee. Keep all cups & bottles close and hand them in the next time you’re visiting the bar.
- IMPORTANT: a cup (or token) CANNOT be exchanged for money at the bar. For example: if you head to the bar with five empty cups, you won’t get € 5 drinking credit in return. Instead, you will receive five recycle tokens (each worth 1 cup/bottle) which can be exchanged for new cups when you order your next round of drinks. Visiting Milkshake for the entire weekend? Your Saturday recycle token is also valid on Sunday.
- We have saved the best for last: when you leave the festival grounds, you will hand in your last cup/bottle and receive your final recycle token in return. DO NOT throw the token away, as this code is worth something!
The recycle token has a unique code on it. Use this code to register for the Early Access sale of Milkshake 2019, join the competition to win Milkshake 2019 tickets, discount on merchandise and fabulous gifts from our partners such as discount for Paradiso and all club nights in AIR Amsterdam, guestlist tickets for parties and more.
♡ We’ll be saving tons of plastic (we expect a 50% reduction on our total waste)
♡ We’ll be keeping the Westerpark super clean and beautiful
♡ You’ll be drinking from a firm cup, which actually feels like a regular glass.
♡ For a €1 investment, you’ll get early access to the 2019 ticket sales AND fantastic Milkshake benefits and prizes.
Any questions regarding our sustainable system? Just shoot off an e-mail to milk@milkshakefestival.